A Biblical Constitutionalist For
San Diego City Councilman: District 8
Let your vote express your faith, your hope and your values.
Otherwise you are voting against yourself.
Election Date: Tuesday, June 3, 2014
Win or lose. Your vote is important to me.
Your vote helps me promote our values in San Diego County.
I have and I will continue to promote our values
and your vote makes my work more productive.
Thank you for joining my team. Lincoln Pickard -
Click for a list of My Current Team Members and Supporters.
Current total of folks who are Financial Supporters: 46
Contact info: Click here
- Confiscation of firearms from American Citizens: 45 Democrat U.S. Senators voted to adopt a United Nations gun control treaty that calls for the confiscation of firearms from American Citizens. John Kerry proudly signed this treaty for President Obama. Yet, most Democrat leaders claim to support the 2nd Amendment. Do not base your vote on what a Democrat politician says or claims but on what they do and how they vote. If you want to keep your guns, your doctor and your individual freedom, you will need to vote for a Christian Conservative Republican.
- Are Boys using girl's bathrooms and showers? Democrat Assemblymen and State Senators in Sacramento passed and Governor Brown signed a bill to allow young biological physical boys themselves, to make the choice of being treated and regarded as a girl or a boy and thereby enabling them to use either the boys or girls bathrooms and showers in schools. Would you want your daughter's shower and bathroom facilities open for use by biological boys? How about girls who say, "I am a boy!"? And then use boys facilities. Isn't it the delivering doctor at birth, who pronounces what your sex is, which determines, which public bathrooms and showers you use? In my opinion, Democrat leaders have once again stepped over the line of decency in promoting their debauched and tainted agenda. The Democrat leaders of today do not follow in the footsteps of Harry Truman and John Kennedy. And Martin Luther King, Jr. would not approve.
- Is Obama acting like a tyrant? Democrat leaders approve of President Obama using his pen and his telephone to bypass the House of Representatives and the U.S. Senate to create and/or change laws. Federal law and the U.S. Constitution do not permit our President to make such decisions. Congress is authorized to make law, the President executes these laws and Judges and Juries decide if these laws and their execution are legal in America. In our traditional biblical constitutional America we have a separation of powers so that no one person or group of people can dictate and force the American people to obey laws that have been created by a tyrant or mafia type mob.
- Democrats, Acting Much Like Pontius Pilot, Are Trying to Bury Jesus. Will your cry and vote let them succeed? Democrat leaders have been consistently trying to remove Jesus and Christianity from the American soul; at the same time proclaiming their allegiance to traditional conservative religious beliefs. For example, trying to remove the Cross from Mount Soledad and to eliminate Christian prayer in schools, changing Christmas on the Prado to December Nights, and to make changes in other public venues; Like removing the Ten Commandments from public view. There are lots more examples. It may be time to vote for a biblical constitutionalist to restore the values that have made us the strongest, freeist, most tolerant, most forgiving and most generous people on earth. Currently, God is not making perfect people. In fact, He seems to wallow in imperfection. We need Jesus.
- Obamacare: The Affordable Care Act, commonly known as Obamacare is proving to be unaffordable to many working Americans. A promise broken. I hope you are not being adversely affected by this poorly written piece of legislation. Many can't keep their policy or their doctor. More promises broken. Many Americans are finding their premiums and deductables are often higher than was provided by their old policies. Another promise broken. The concensus is millions of people will be left uninsured. Another promise broken. The first step in solving this problem is to allow Americans to buy their insurance from the company of their choice and not restrict their choices as the old law did and as Obamacare mandates. Let Americans choose the type of policy and which company is right for them. Your vote in this City Council race can send a strong message to Washington, D.C. that free markets are wanted and that Americans want to choose the type of policy that is best for themselves. Free markets and the American will and desire to strive for excellence brings us the newest and the best products at the most reasonable prices. This is true when Free Americans work and bring us cars, homes, widgets and even health care. Over taxed, over regulated and micromanaged people lose interest, and are stifled and eventually sink into mediocrity. Where do you think the old saying "Good enough for government work" came from? Not from the private sector. Let's shrink government and turn most of the work back over to Free Americans who are working to improve themselves and the fortunes and futures of their families and communities.
- Fast and Furious: What happened? The U.S. Government under the Obama administration sold guns to Mexican drug cartels. Border patrol agent Brian Terry and numerous Mexican citizens died in connection with this scandal. These cartels shoot and hang bodies from bridges. The Obama administration lied about it and are still trying to cover up many of the details. That is the short and ugly story of what happened. Do you think writing letters, making phone calls or sending emails will send them a message? Even Congress with the power of subpoena is stone walled. Stone walling is common. Look at Benghazi. Your vote is your strongest voice in reprimanding this kind of behavior. Your vote and your neighbors vote in this local election will send the strongest condemnation and denunciation of this kind of behavior. Don't let your vote or your absense at the polls be a "shrug of the shoulders" that condones the reprehensible behavior that has been coming from the leadership of the Democrat Party. Former speaker of the house Tip O'neill said, "All politics is local". Your vote and your neighbors' votes in this local election could have a ripple effect that reaches all the way to the Congress and the White House. No Republican has held this City Council seat in recent times. Your vote and your efforts in this local race could rattle the cages and cause a ringing in the ears of Democrats who think their re-election is automatic no matter what they and their fellow party leaders do. Are you ready to exercise your most effective voice? Will you join My Team?
- Censorship: February 20, 2014: Obama and his elite Democrat donors were at it again by trying to set up monitors at all radio and tv news outlets. A strong response by Republicans and the media put on the brakes to this unlawful attempt to control the news media. Your vote in the June 3, 2014 election for City Council candidate Lincoln Pickard can add your voice in objecting to this ill-conceived and just wrong effort by the Democrat leadersip to repress and regulate the news reported by TV and radio stations.
- Obama Weakens Militaty: February 24, 2014: Obama and the Democrat leaders are at it again. This time weakening our national security by cutting our military and military benefits in favor of entitlement programs. The "Surfer Dude" likes it. Will you stand for it? Your vote in the June 3, 2014 election for City Council candidate Lincoln Pickard can add your voice in objecting to this ill-conceived and just wrong effort by the Democrat leadersip to cut our military and weaken our nation.
- Andrew Tahmooressi, a United States Marine! We have four Spanish speaking elected officials (including David Alvarez) whose districts have borders with Mexico. Why haven't they stood together and asked Mexican Officials to release our United States Marine from the Mexican prison system? Our Marine made a wrong turn, at night, on his way home from Mexico. Here is a way to say "Thank you" to our veterans. A way to let veterans know we have their back. Driving near the Mexican border at night can be confusing to a tourist. A gun in the car, will add to the stress and confusion of any knowledgeable tourist. Congressman Duncan Hunter has taken a stand. Congressman Juan Vargas made a little noise after his write-in opponent in the June 3, 2014 election, Ernest Griffes raised the issue on the Mike Slater radio show. Why should this be a campaign issue? Greta Van Susteren and the Marine's mom were dissed by Mexican Officials. Are these elected officials representing you and your point of view by remaining virtually silent?
- Veteran Hospitals! Here we go again folks. Obama promised to fix the problems that were occurring at VA Hospitals. Some five years later we have a bigger scandal than ever at VA Hospitals. Write-in candidate Ernest Griffes (who is running against Juan Vargas) knows and I know that veterans should be issued a health care card that is good at any hospital of their choice. Our Veterans should be getting health care services that are at least as good as everyone else! Are your local representatives fighting hard enough for our veterans to earn your vote? Again, why is this a campaign issue? Taking care of our veterans seems like a no brainer. A first priority.
May, 2014 Update: Veterans hospitals are run and controlled by Federal Government rules and regulations. Oversight is administered by the government. Congress often seems powerless in its attempt to stop the scandal and corruption. Even Presidents seem ineffective in fixing the problems that are hurting and sometimes killing individual veterans. What allows anyone to think that government control of health care being implemented by the Affordable Care Act (aka: Obamacare) will produce good health care for all citizens? Average citizens in a free America have produced the highest standard of living, for the average citizen, in the history of the World. Free individually motivated Americans have also given us the best health care system in the history of the World. After seeing what is happening at VA Hospitals, why would you continue to vote for Democrat leaders who, with lies, have jammed government controlled health care down our throats? Republicans voted against Obamacare and against the elites that want more control over our lives. Your vote for Lincoln Pickard in this local City Council election may be your loudest voice in saying "No!" to the Democrat leadership that is out of control and its seeming inability to check its own lust for power and dominance over our lives. Your vote for freedom or your non-vote for the status quo of bold faced lies, stonewalling, scandal and corruption will send a strong message to those who write the laws and make the rules we are forced to live by. Don't let your friends remain silent. The stakes are too high.
- Senate Democrat Criminal Gets Paid Vacation: Reported by the LA Times February 26, 2014: California Democrat State Senator Rod Wright (D-Inglewood) has been convicted of 8 felonies and doesn't even live in the district he represents, as is required by law. Democrats have effectively sent him on a paid vacation over Republican objections. Our State Senator sanctions this behavior and is a Democrat and he used to be on our San Diego City Council in District 8. The Democrat dominated State Senate approves payment of $120,000.00 for State Senator Rod Wright in secret deal. Read the story that you probably never heard about. It may be a time for change. Your support of Lincoln Pickard for City Council can send a strong message to current Democrat leaders that their shenanigans and monkey business will no longer be tolerated.
- Harry yells Liar, Liar, Pants on Fire! February 28, 2014: Democrat leader Harry Reid on the floor of the U.S. Senate said all people complaining about and reporting problems with Obamacare are telling tales (effectively calling them liars). Harry said complainers were lying about Obamacare. Sorry Harry, but many folks are losing their doctors, paying more for health care and have higher deductables. People are having problems finding new policies to replace the policies that were eliminated by Obamacare. Also, jobs are being lost and full time jobs are being turned into part time jobs because of Obamacare. Do you want to stop this kind of outrageous behavior from Democrat leaders like Harry Reid? You can't vote Harry Reid and many others like him out of office but you can stop voting for local Democrat leaders to show your displeasure. How long will folks continue to accept and condone such behavior by voting for local Democrats? Our votes let our politicians know what we will tolerate. Your vote for Lincoln Pickard in this City Council race can send a clear message to Harry and other Democrat leaders that their dangerous, unseemly and often unlawful activities will no longer be tolerated. When you vote Democrat or you don't vote, you are condoning and accepting the disturbing policies of the current Democrat leadership. (Oops, I think I just called Harry a liar.)
Bible Thumpers and Zombies Beware: April 10, 2014: Have you seen Democrat Mike Dickinson running for congress in Virginia. He wants to decimate and eliminate the tea party, theNRA, bible thumpers and Fox News zombies. Tea Party folk want lower tax rates, less regulation (which will enhance job creation in the private sector), and balanced budgets. The NRA among other things, protects your right to defend your family and yourself against violent criminals. Christians love Jesus and his teachings about folks caring for each other. And almost all of us Christians accept others who choose to practice their own non-violent religion. And Fox News? They have both liberals and conservatives to report the news which provides news and opinions from both sides of the ailse. Even the Libertarian side. Greta Van Susteren even put Mike Dickinson on her show. If you listen closely toward the end of this news clip, he implies others he associates with think the way he does but just don't say it. If not before, I hope I am now helping you connect the dots. I hope you are ready to vote for the traditional values that make our country cool. The traditional values that have created a country that attracts immigrants to our shores, often at the risk of fortunes, lives and limbs. Send a strong message to the Democrat Mike Dickinsons' of the World and vote for the values that keep us strong, free and prosperous.
- More Corruption in Sacramento: April 12, 2014: There are now 3 Democratic State senators that have been convicted or are alleged to have committed felonies. Over Republican objections these three (3) State Senators have effectively been given a paid vacation. Republicans called for stricter measures. Do you want to pave the way for another Democrat leader to be a member of our State Senate or House of Representatives? Democrat leaders have to vote in favor of stuff we might consider immoral and/or illegal if they want party and money support in the next election. Remember Ben Hueso, Ralph Inzunza, Juan Vargas, Jim Bates and Bob Filner all started in our City Council District 8 seat. We have not had a lot of luck by electing Democrats to this starting point of many political careers.
In too many ways they have done a poor job in representing our values, our health care, our economy and our sense of decency. It is time for a change.
- Mass Pardons for Criminals: April 21, 2014: Here we go again. Obama to issue pardons to thousands maybe tens of thousands of felons convicted of drug offenses. People saying "no" is necessary for our Republic to survive. Crime rates are down. Is that about to change? Will some of these Obama pardoned criminals be moving into your neighborhood? Feeling frustrated with the progressive/liberal/socialist Democrat mind set? Your vote in local elections can send a strong message. Are you ready to take action or will you bow your head and say "Yes master Obama, as you say." How many of those drug convictions were plea bargains hiding other, more evil crimes? Send a strong message from here in San Diego City Council District 8. An attempt is being made to muffle our voices on the national scene. Your vote for Lincoln Pickard in this race will be heard all the way to the highest seats of power. Stand with me and fight. Your vote is your stongest voice. Do not let your friends and neighbors remain silent. The stakes are too high!
- Minimum Wage: April 30, 2014: Here we go again. David Alvarez pushing for a higher minimum wage (without a vote of the people) to pay off his union boss cronies who finance his campaigns. Union wages automatically go up because union contracts call for automatic wage increases when the minimum wage goes up. Do you think union dues will go up that will provide more money for future David Alvarez campaigns? They spent millions on David Alvarez in the Mayor's race. They sell the minimum wage increases by claiming it helps the people at the bottom of the economic scale. But it actually kills many jobs needed by people struggling to make ends meet. It hurts those seeking entry level positions. It hurts teenagers who need to learn what it takes to be an employee. 17 year old and younger teenagers seeking a first time job need a lower minimum wage to help them find that first job which will get them started on a road to bigger and better opportunities. Higher minimum wages also raise the price of goods and services, hurting those who live on a fixed income. You have a choice on June 3, 2014.
- Firemen endorsed Bob Filner: If you see campaign signs by the Firemen who endorse David Alvarez for City Council, I want you to remember Firemen endorsed Bob Filner more than once. They also endorsed Ralph Inzunza for City Council who ended up discredited. Our current Democrat State Senator who is participating in working on other outrageous laws with his cronies in Sacramento was endorsed by "Firemen". I ask that if you see Firemen endorsing David Alvarez, think twice before you automatically assume they have made a good choice. There are other organizations that have followed this same path.
- Spying vs Privacy: The Government through the NSA is spying on all of us. Phones, emails, etc.
TheLaw.tv says it pretty well:
Biblical Constitutionalists fight against this kind of government invasion of privacy. Remember, all it takes for evil to win is for good men to say nothing. Voting is speaking in politics. It is your most effective voice. Don't let your friends and neighbors remain silent.
- Voter ID: I am in favor of people needing to show an ID in order to vote in a government election. As your councilman, I will advocate for a voter ID law.
- School Choice: I believe Parents need the right to send their children to the school of their choice. As your councilman, I will speak out in favor of parents being able to choose and select the school for their children.
- When does Human Life Begin? Your children begin at conception. Before that, they are just a gleam in your eye. Human life and civil rights begin at conception and continue to natural death.
- The IRS (Internal Revenue Service) has been caught using its power to control activities and the speech of American citizens. Biblical Constitutionalists fight for everyone's right to exercise legal speech and activities without fear of intimidation or retribution by the government and/or any of its agencies. Biblical Constitutionalists also stand and fight for your right to speak and to vote without being intimidated and harassed by bullies and thugs. The law grants us the right to criticize our government. Elected officials and government employees are expected to accept the criticism and to continue to do their jobs to the best of their ability. The people expect their grievences to be heard.
- Your vote for a Democrat in this City Council race encourages Democrats everywhere to continue their non traditional and non conservative, unChristian, dangerous and unlawful behavior. I would hope, the above Democrat/progressive/liberal policies and behaviors are unwanted by average Americans. You have a chance to say no to these unAmerican activities right here in this local City Council race. Your vote for Lincoln Pickard in this race will help to apply the brakes to a runaway Democrat Party. A Democrat party that no longer esteems many of the values of President John Kennedy or Harry Truman. A Democrat party that celebrates Martin Luther King, Jr. but forgets he was a Republican. A Democrat party that ignores the values that Martin Luther King, Jr. fought so valiantly to promote and spread among the people. Why would you vote for a party when a top leader (Democrat Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi ) said we must vote for legislation to find out what is in it? What happened to reading and understanding the legislative bill first and then voting on it? What local Democrat stood up and said, "That ain't right!"? To paraphrase President Ronald Reagan: "Modern day Democrat leaders know and promote so much that is just wrong." If you have been blindly following the new Democrat leadership, you may want to check their voting records and consider voting for the type of people who founded our country, the type of Americans who were honored and celebrated by your parents and grandparents and great grandparents.
- 4 Point Plan: I will be promoting a 4-point plan which envisions a district which provides to citizens equal access to economic opportunity, quality streets, fundamental & advanced educational programs and safe neighborhoods.
- Democrats will raise taxes and force you to accept programs and services and rules and regulations that control your life. Christian Conservative Republicans want lower tax rates and less government so that you are free to spend your money on goods and services that you actually want. Your vote and each vote on Tuesday, June 3, 2014 nudges all of us in one of these two directions: More Taxes, Less freedom -or- Less Taxes, More Freedom. You do have a choice. Your voice gets louder and your prayers get more effective when you help one of the candidates get more votes. The winning candidate will often look at both sides of the voting ledger and is often influenced by the votes on the other side of the voting ledger. The winner knows the next election will soon be here. The winning candidate will often ask himself why did so many vote against me? Win or lose, what you do at election time does make a difference. When you vote your values, you encourage future candidates to stand up and fight for those values.
Update May 12, 2014: Here we go again: Now that we are down to the last few weeks before an election, many Democrat Politicians are calling for tax cuts. Tax cuts that they know they will never vote for. Don't be fooled again. Vote for a Christian Conservative Republican if you want someone who will propose and vote for tax rate cuts. Remember, cutting tax "rates" often increases tax revenue because business people focus on serving customers and expanding their businesses, instead of trying to manipulate tax loop holes, to keep from paying high taxes. Big tax rate increases often produce less revenue, hurt the economy and destroy jobs. Tax "rate" cuts are usually self funding and everyone is more properous. John Kennedy knew and acted on that principle of lower tax "rates" and boosted the economy and government revenue. Do you remember or have your heard about the stagflation of Democrat Jimmy Carter? Ronald Reagan knew and acted on that principle of lower tax "rates" and boosted the economy. Bill Clinton and a Democrat Congress at first raised taxes that hurt the economy. Later Bill Clinton was pressured by Newt Gingrich and a new Republican majority in Congress to cut taxes. Those "Bill Clinton" tax cuts boosted the economy. Modern Democrat leaders like to talk tax cuts at election time, Republican leaders will actually propose and implement tax cuts while serving in office. A growing economy or a flat lined economy, your votes and your prayers make a difference.
- Your vote reflects your hopes and dreams. Don't let fear destroy our future by holding us in the recent past. Move forward. Let our city, state and country continue to grow and prosper with the fundamental, unchanging principles that make us the strongest, freeist, most tolerant, most prosperous, most forgiving and most generous people on earth. Your vote is like a prayer that helps determine our future. Make the right choice.